To Peter and Peggy McLeod
- Collins, London, Mar. 1940
- Daily Express, Mar.23-Apr.13 1940
- Dodd Mead, New York, 1940
- Collier's Weekly, Nov.25 1939 - Jan.27 1940
(from HarperCollins "The Agatha Christie Collection" cover)
Beautiful, young Elinor Carlisle stood serenely in the dock, accused of the murder of Mary Gerrald, her rival in love. The evidence was damning: only Elinor had the motive, the opportunity and the means to administer the fatal poison.
Yet, inside the hostile courtroom, one man still presumed Elinor was innocent until proven guilty. Hercule Poirot was his name. He was all that stood between Elinor and the gallows...
Come away, come away, death,
And in sad cypress let me be laid;
Fly away, fly away, breath;
I am slain by a fair cruel maid.
My shroud of white, struck all with yew,
O prepare it;
My part of death no one so true
Did share it.
Movie & TV
- Sad Cypress
- Agahta Christie's POIROT IX, 2003/04
- director David Moore
- writer David Pirie
- cast David Suchet(Hercule Poirot), Elisabeth Dermot Walsh(Elinor Carlisle), Rupert Penry-Jones(Rody Winter), Kelly Reilly(Mary Gerrard), Paul McGann(Dr. Lord), Phyllis Logan(Nurse Hopkins), Marion O'Dwyer(Nurse O'Brien), Diana Quick(Mrs. Welman)
- Je ne suis pas coupable
- Les petits meurtres d'Agatha Christie, 2010(FR)
- director Éric Woreth
- writer Thierry Debroux
Noémie De Lattre,
Lou De Laage
- Official Site: Sad Cypress
- Wikipedia: Sad Cypress
- IMDb: Poirot: Sad Cypress (2003)