- Collins, London, Oct. 1930
- Dodd Mead, New York, 1930
- Chicago Tribune, Aug.18-Oct.20 1930
(from HarperCollins "The Agatha Christie Collection" cover)
'Anyone who murdered Colonael Protheroe,' declared the parson, brandishing a carving knife above a joint of roast beef, 'would be doing the world at large a service!'
It was a careles remark for a man of the cloth. And one which was to come back and haunt the clergyman just a few hours later.
Miss Jane Marple, Raymond West, Rev.Leonard Clement, Griselda Clement, Dennis Clement, Colonel Lucius Protheroe, Ann Protheroe, Lettice Protheroe, Lawrence Redding, Dr.Stone, Miss Gladys Cram, Dr Haydock, Rev.Christopher Hawes, Mary Hill, Mrs. Estelle Lestrange, Mrs. Martha Price Ridley, Miss Caroline Wetherby, Miss Amanda Hartnell, Colonel Melchett, Det.Insp.Slack, Bill Archer
Mrs. Archer, Mary Adams, Mr. Henry Abbott, Mrs. Abbott, Emily, Elwell, Mollie Carter, Quinton, Gladys (Gladdie), Clara, Mrs. Sadler, Mrs. Simmons, Fred Jackson, Neil, Major Hargraves, Constable Hurst, Susan Hartley Napier, Joe Bucknell, Hilda, Fanny, Mrs. Pratt, Mrs. Baker, Bailey, Manning, Reeves, Rose, Lily Rose, Dr. Roberts
- Murder at the Vicarage
- adapted by Moie Charles and Barbara Toy
- at the Playhouse Theatre, London, 16th December 1949
|THE VICAR(the Rev. Leonard Clement)||Jack Lambert|
|GRISELDA(his wife)||Genine Graham|
|DENNIS(his nephew)||Michael Newell|
|MARY(the maid)||Betty Sinclair|
|RONALD HAWES(the curate)||Michael Darbyshire|
|LETTICE PROTHEROE||Andrea Lea|
|MISS MARPLE||Barbara Mullen|
|MRS PRICE RIDLEY||Mildred Cottell|
|ANN PROTHEROE||Alvys Maben|
|LAWRENCE REDDING(an artist)||Reginald Tate|
|DR JOHN HAYDOCK||Francis Roberts|
|INSPECTOR SLACK||Stanley Van Beers|
|POLICE CONSTABLE JENNINGS||-|
- Directed by Reginald Tate
- SYNOPSIS OF SCENES
- The action of the play passes in the study of a vicarage in the country, at the present time.
- ACT I
- SCENE 1 - A Tuesday in Summer. Afternoon.
- SCENE 2 - The following day. 6:45 p.m.
- SCENE 3 - Thursday morning.
- ACT II
- SCENE 1 - The following Sunday. Late afternoon.
- SCENE 2 - An hour and a half later.
Movie & TV
- Mord im Pfarrhaus, 1970 (W.Germany/TV)
- director Hans Quest
- writer Peter Scharff
- cast Herbert Mensching(Vicar), Ingrid Capelle(Griselda), Inge Langen(Miss Marple), Heinz Bennet(Lawrence Redding), Willy Semmelrogge(Inspector Slack), Edith Schneider(Anne Hampton), Paula Denk(Mrs Price-Ridley), Paul Neuhaus (Ronald Hawes)
- The Murder At The Vicarage, 1986
- Agatha Christie's MISS MARPLE
- director Julian Amyes
- writer T. R. Bowen
- cast Joan Hickson(Miss Marple), Paul Eddington(Vicar Leonard Clement), Cheryl Campbell(Mrs. Clement), Robert Lang(Col. Lucius Protheroe), Polly Adams(Anne Protheroe), James Hazeldine(Lawrence Redding), Norma West(Mrs. Lestrange), Rosalie Crutchley(Mrs. Price-Ridley), David Horovitch(Inspector Slack), Ian Brimble(Sergeant Lake)
- The Murder at the Vicarage, 2004
- Agatha Christie's MARPLE Season 1
- director Charles Palmer
- writer Stephen Churchett
- cast Geraldine McEwan(Miss Jane Marple), Sir Derek Jacobi(Colonel Protheroe), Miriam Margolyes(Mrs. Price-Ridley), Janet McTeer(Anne Protheroe), Jason Flemyng(Lawrence Redding), Tim McInnerny(Reverend Leonard Clement), Rachael Stirling(Griselda Clement), Stephen Tompkinson(Inspector Slack), Jane Asher(Mrs. Lester), Christina Cole(Lettice Protheroe), Emily Bruni(Helene Dufosse)
- Official Site: The Murder at the Vicarage
- Wikipedia: The Murder at the Vicarage
- IMDb: Mord im Pfarrhaus (1970)
- IMDb: The Murder at the Vicarage (1986)
- IMDb: Marple: The Murder at the Vicarage (2004)